As provided for by EU Regulation No. 679/2016 (hereinafter GDPR) and Article 13 in particular we would like to inform you that the treatment of your personal information will strictly follow the principles of the aforementioned Act. In particular we adhere to the principles of fairness, lawfulness, transparency and safeguard of your rights and privacy.
Under Article13 of the GDPR we therefore provide you with the following information:
- Hosteras Srl, Via Nazario Sauro, 10 09123 Cagliari, Italia (the company) is the data controller.
- If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal information submitted will be used to provide travel services. In the case of specific approval, such data may also be used for information and/or commercial submissions (e.g. newsletters). In addition, they will be processed in order to fulfill the obligations envisaged in the fiscal and accounting fields and in order to comply with any obligations incumbent on the company and provided for by the legislation in force.
- Data processing will be carried out with computer and/or paper tools and with methods strictly necessary to cope with the above mentioned purposes.
- If you choose not to submit your information the travel services cannot be performed. In any case you may choose whether to receive marketing and promotional messages.
- We will disclose your information to others only when this is necessary for the delivery of the travel services (e.g. to banks, transport operators, hotels) and data will be kept for the duration of the service delivery and, subsequently, for the time in which the company is subject to retention obligations for fiscal purposes or for other purposes provided by law standards.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisement about goods and services you might be interested in. If you would like more information about this practice and know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- As stated in the GDPR, at any time you may exercise your rights against the data controller.
These are the main rights you can exercise in relation to your data, according to the GDPR:
- To ask the company for access to your personal data and information; to ask for the correction of inaccurate data or the integration of incomplete ones; to ask for the cancellation of personal data (upon the occurrence of one of the conditions indicated in Article 17, paragraph 1 of the GDPR and in accordance with the exceptions provided for in paragraph 3 of the same item); to ask for the limitation of the processing of personal data (upon the occurrence of the hypotheses indicated in
Article 18 paragraph 1 of the GDPR);
- To request and obtain, in cases where the legal basis of the treatment is the contract or consent, and the same is done by automated means, your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, also in order to communicate this information to another data controller (i.e. the right to personal data portability);
- To oppose at any time the processing of your personal data, upon the occurrence of particular situations;
- To withdraw the consent at any time, limited to the hypothesis that the treatment is based on consent for one or more specific purposes and regards common personal data (e.g. date and place of birth or place of residence), or particular categories of data (e.g. data revealing racial origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health or sexual life). When processing is based on consent its withdrawal will not affect its lawfulness prior to withdrawal;
- To file a complaint to a supervisory authority (The Garante, i.e. the Italian Data Protection Authority) – www.garanteprivacy.it).
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device.
Why are cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered, choices such as the language you prefer, the currency you use and your search criteria. They will also make sure you are recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
How and which cookies are used?
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly. These technical cookies are necessary for our website to function properly.
- Analytics cookies: We use third-party cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure that the website continues to be interesting and relevant. The data we collect include which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on
a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website.
- Commercial cookies: We use third-party cookies to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites.
How long do cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to by using the appropriate function.
Who has access to cookie data?
Technical cookies setup by our websites can be accessed by the data controller only. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings (for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome), you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.